The following 18 senators all have better things to do than attend the Republican National Convention as Donald Trump receives the GOP nomination.
Here is the list and some of their excuses, according to Newsmax:
- Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska — Will be flying around Alaska on a Bush plane campaigning, according to the Times
- Sen. John McCain of Arizona — Campaigning and visiting the Grand Canyon
- Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona — “I’ve got to mow my lawn,” The Hill quoted him as saying.
- Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida — Campaigning
- Sen. Mike Crapo of Idaho — Campaigning
- Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois
- Sen. Jerry Moran of Kansas — Will be on a listening tour in his state, the Times said.
- Sen. Thad Cochran of Mississippi
- Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri — Campaigning
- Sen. Steve Daines of Montana — “I’ll have my fly rod in my hand with my wife in Montana,” he said, according to The Hill.
- Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska — Sasse’s spokesman told The Hill: “Sen. Sasse will not be attending the convention and will instead take his kids to watch some dumpster fires across the state, all of which enjoy more popularity than the current front-runners.”
- Sen. Dean Heller of Nevada — Will be reconnecting with constituents, according to the Times.
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire
- Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania
- Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina — Will be reconnecting with constituents, according to the Times.
- Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin
- Sen. Mike Enzi of Wyoming
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.