Another woman has come forward accusing Bill O’Reilly of sexual harassment after a series of complaints have been filed against the media heavyweight.
Attorney Lisa Bloom said on behalf of her client, an African-American clerical worker, that she alleges The O’Reilly Factor host called her “hot chocolate” and engaged in acts of racial and sexual harassment against her.
“He would never talk to her, not even hello, except to grunt at her like a wild boar,” Bloom tells The Hollywood Reporter. “He would leer at her. He would always do this when no one else was around and she was scared.”
The woman said the incident occurred in 2008 while she worked for a different broadcaster, but her desk was located near O’Reilly’s.
— On The Story (@OnTheStory) April 18, 2017
Reportedly, she had been afraid to speak up that the time, fearing she might risk losing her job.
“She was afraid if she told him to knock it off she’d get fired,” Bloom says. “Now that’s she’s aware this is all in the news, she’s decided to phone in a complaint to the Fox News hotline.”
Bloom claims that she spoke to three witnesses who were close to the victim and they confirmed the woman had been greatly affected by his alleged inappropriate actions most workdays.
She stated that her client is not seeking money but “she just wants them to know her story.”
I represent a new woman who just phoned in a complaint of sexual and racial harassment against Bill O’Reilly to the Fox News hotline.
— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) April 18, 2017
Bloom also represents Wendy Walsh, a routine guest on The O’Reilly Factor, who filed a complaint with the 21st Century Fox workplace misconduct hotline with her lawyer seated beside her. She claimed that O’Reilly did not follow through on a verbal agreement to make her a network contributor after she declined an invitation to his hotel room following dinner with him in 2013.
According to Bloom, the unnamed clerical worker and Walsh both used the network’s hotline to report their complaints – and likely another woman will follow suit and report yet another harassment case against the host.
The New York Times broke the story on April 1, which revealed explosive allegations against the conservative political commentator, including that during his career at Fox News he paid at least five women a total of $13 million to silence sexual harassment complaints brought against him.
Bloom sent a letter to the New York State Division of Human Rights requesting an investigation to be launched, calling the Fox News network a “cesspool of sexual harassment, intimidation, and retaliation.”
BREAKING: Moments ago I requested NY State Div of Human Rights to open an independent investigation into Fox News. https://t.co/1hQy7QcR9W
— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) April 11, 2017
H/T: Hollywood Reporter
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Glenn Beck files countersuit against Tomi Lahren