Following President Trump’s remarks earlier this week which indicate he is willing to make a deal on DACA, to give almost one million illegal alien youths protection from deportation, one group of Americans who have been impacted the most have responded – parents and families of victims who have been murdered by illegal aliens – otherwise known as the “Angel Parents.”
Advocates for Victims of Illegal Alien Crime (AVIAC) was founded by parents and families who have lost loved ones due to crimes by illegal aliens. The group published an open letter to President Trump on Wednesday, Jan. 3, slamming him over the indication that he might be caving in to demands for a DACA program.
“The deal we hear being bandied about does not begin to live up to your promise,” the angel parents said in their letter. They sent the president a long list of actions that must be taken, saying, “Before any action is taken to protect DACA recipients, we, law abiding citizens and legal immigrants, demand the following…”
“AVIAC was started by several who have suffered the ultimate tragedy of losing a loved one to illegal alien crime. We have suffered the ultimate in family separation,” they state on the AVIAC website.
They posted their powerful, open letter to the president on their Facebook page on Thursday, and it has been blasted out on Twitter by Jessica Vaughn, Director of Policy Studies at Center for Immigration Studies. See the letter below:
An Open Letter to President Trump and the American People
January 3, 2018
Dear President Trump:
Over the past 30 years we have seen one president after another and every Congress protect illegal aliens at tremendous financial cost to this country and even worse the loss of tens of thousands of lives. We the undersigned are a small portion of those whose families have paid the ultimate price with the death of a loved one.
While you cannot bring our loved ones back you can make sure that no one else suffers like we have.
The deal we hear being bandied about does not begin to live up to your promise. In fact, it will end any further opportunity to bring about true illegal immigration reform.
Granting relief to DACA recipients tells those, whose fault it is that they are here, “You killed our children and loved ones, but we’ll protect yours.”
Before any action is taken to protect DACA recipients, we, law abiding citizens and legal immigrants, demand the following:
• An end to sanctuary states, counties and cities and the prosecution under Title 8 U.S. Code § 1324 of those officials who refuse to obey federal law.
• Mandatory use of e-verify
• Criminal prosecution of all employers who hire illegal aliens
• An operational biometric process to ensure that those who overstay their visas are removed and a new law criminalizing overstaying your visa.
• Increased border security throughout the southern border by any means necessary
• An end to chain migration and the diversity immigration lottery
• An end to birthright citizenship.
• A massive increase in the deportation of those whose fault it was in DACA recipient’s presence in the United States
• Increasing the penalty for entering the country illegally to a felony and a mandatory 10-year sentence for entering once you have already been deported.
As law abiding citizens we demand that our Constitutional rights be guaranteed and protected before anyone who has entered our country illegally is given any deference.
AVIAC is a 501c3 organization founded by families who have lost loved ones to illegal alien crime, uniting to promote American safety and security through legislative education, victim and family support and public action.
Mary Ann Mendoza
— END OF LETTER —
— Jessica Vaughan (@JessicaV_CIS) January 4, 2018