Chanelle Helm, a Black Lives Matter activist, says white people should will their property to a black or brown family. That’s just one “request” on a list of ten she created for an article published at LEOWeekly.com.
According to the publication, Helm is the co-founder and core organizer of the BLM movement in Louisville, Ky. The article “is part of a package covering Louisville’s reaction to Charlottesville,” according to LEO Weekly. In it, Helm attempts to enlighten Americans about “some things I’m thinking about that should change.”
According to Helm, “white people” could implement change by willing their property to a black or brown family, or even downsizing in order to do so, preferably giving the home to a family “that lives in generational poverty.”
White people can do the same with an inherited property they intend to sell because their “white privilege” is “bound” to allow them to make the money by some other means.
Real estate developers, or those owning multi-family housing, can allow black or brown people to live in their developments, free of charge. White people can also re-budget their monthly income to free-up money to be donated to black funds for land purchasing.
She suggests targeting other white people at work. Noting that white women are “nosey” meddlers, she says they should “get a racist fired.” Helm contends that white people know what other white people are saying.
“You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they [sic] racist too,” she writes.
She recommends special attention be given to “all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other” white men returning to work, noting “they look suspicious.”
She asks that white people further commit to “fighting white supremacy” and “funding black and brown people and their work.”
You can read the full text of her list below (warning – explicit language):
1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.
7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
— Leo Weekly (@leoweekly) August 18, 2017
— Chanelle Helm (@ChanelleHelm) August 22, 2017
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
GOP takes closer look at Clinton’s illegal use of postal workers