Boy dies after being choked by family pet

Support our flag. Get the bumper sticker. CLICK HERE

 A five-year-old Pennsylvania boy has died after being choked last week when the family dog pulled his scarf while he was playing in the snow.

John Bruno, of Warrington, died Saturday at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia from ligature strangulation. According to James Garrow, spokesman for the Philadelphia Medical Examiner’s Office, John’s death was determined to be accidental.

The boy had been outside playing on Wednesday afternoon when his mother, who was at home but inside, looked out a window and saw her son face-down in the snow with the family’s 1 1/2-year-old hound mix tugging at his scarf. Outdoors, she found the boy unconscious and unresponsive, and she carried him inside to await medical assistance. 

Warrington Police reported that the boy was taken to Doylestown Hospital and later transferred to Children’s Hospital.

A GoFundMe page was set up to assist the family with medical and funeral expenses, and has more than tripled the goal of $5,000.

The site notes that the 5-year-old’s “smile and boundless energy was electric. He loved Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Superheroes and being silly. Above all else John loved his mom, dad, and big sister.” 

H/T: Philly.com

JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

 

Comment via Disqus

Send this to a friend