A U.S. Border Patrol agent recently told WND that an active smuggling route that over 900 people have been caught trying to cross this year will be largely abandoned by the government at the end of this month.
The “S2 route” runs along a two-lane county road through a remote area at the southern border between the U.S. and Mexico, WND reported.
“For basically the last year we’ve been out there covering that route. Now we were told by the end of this month we’re not going to cover it anymore,” said the agent who has worked this sector in the past. “Nobody is going to be on this road come Oct. 1.”
“Maybe there’s something being planned that I’m not aware of,” the agent told WND. “But I asked a supervisor what the plans are for this smuggling route and he said ‘I’m not hearing anything.’ They know this is a major route but so far I’m not hearing anything.”
WND reported that they contacted Jonathan Pacheco in the public affairs office of the El Centro border patrol sector to see if he could confirm the agent’s report.
“In regards to the information that you received from another agent, it could have been misinterpreted,” Pacheco said in an email. “What we are absolutely safe in saying is that we have always, and will continue to always patrol Highway S-2.”
The agent who gave the information to WND about abandoning the sector said that Pacheco’s statement was “blatantly false.”
“They may send someone over there intermittently but it will not be covered on a regular basis, unless they change the policy between now and Oct. 1,” he said.
“With that checkpoint down it’s just going to become easy for them to load up and take that route,” the agent said. “They’re loading up on Interstate 8 which is the major east-west route from California to Arizona. A lot are coming across either into the eastern San Diego area or the El Centro or Calexico area.”
“It’s a two-lane road, remote, it comes up from Interstate 8 and it winds through the desert mountains of eastern San Diego County, then drops out about 40 miles off interstate 8 into Highway 78, and from there they can take it over west to more of the main part of San Diego,” the agent said.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
IDAHO OFFICIALS MISTREAT 5 YR OLD RAPED BY MUSLIMS