BREAKING: Attack in Paris, death confirmed

A car was intentionally rammed into a pizzeria in Sept-Sorts, France, 34 miles east of Paris, on Monday night. It has been confirmed one person is dead and seven others are injured, a spokesperson for the French Interior Ministry told media sources.

The driver was arrested but has not been publicly identified, the spokesperson said. It is unknown if the attack was terror motivated or related, but it is likely not. France’s Interior Ministry says the man who drove his car into a pizzeria was apparently suicidal and the incident is not “believed to be linked to terrorism.”

Ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet said on BFM television that the man was born in 1985 and was believed to have tried to commit suicide last week. Brandet also confirmed a young girl was killed and four people were injured in a condition of “absolute emergency.” He said eight others were slightly injured.

This story is developing

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend