As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
RIYADH (Reuters) – The Saudi-led military coalition battling Yemen’s Houthi movement said on Monday that the attack on Saudi Arabian oil plants was carried out with Iranian weapons and was not launched from Yemen according to preliminary findings.
Coalition spokesman Colonel Turki al-Malki said that an investigation into Saturday’s strikes, which had been claimed by the Iran-aligned Houthi group, was still going on to determine the launch location.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The preliminary results show that the weapons are Iranian and we are currently working to determine the location … The terrorist attack did not originate from Yemen as the Houthi militia claimed,” Malki told a press conference in Riyadh.
Some interesting stuff coming through the Twitter from latest presser by Colonel Turki al-Malki, head of Saudi-led coalition in Yemen…. https://t.co/isoeeWxD47
— Geoff Brumfiel (@gbrumfiel) September 16, 2019
What about this bit though?
“Col. Turki al-Malki also told reporters in Riyadh on Monday that the early morning strikes on Saturday were not launched from Yemen as claimed by Iranian-allied Yemeni rebels who are at war with Saudi Arabia.” @AP
— Maysam Behravesh (@MaysamBehravesh) September 16, 2019
Monday morning, President Trump tweeted, “Remember when Iran shot down a drone, saying knowingly that it was in their “airspace” when, in fact, it was nowhere close. They stuck strongly to that story knowing that it was a very big lie. Now they say that they had nothing to do with the attack on Saudi Arabia. We’ll see?”
Remember when Iran shot down a drone, saying knowingly that it was in their “airspace” when, in fact, it was nowhere close. They stuck strongly to that story knowing that it was a very big lie. Now they say that they had nothing to do with the attack on Saudi Arabia. We’ll see?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 16, 2019
Before and after satellite images show damage from a drone attack on a Saudi oil processing plant, interrupting production and impacting global supplies. The Trump administration blames Iran, but Houthi rebels in neighboring Yemen claimed responsibility. https://t.co/nxEyzEAQUc pic.twitter.com/PZZMwhZEqt
— ABC News (@ABC) September 16, 2019
If true, this is a whole different situation now. Raises stakes of response, culpability. Pompeo expected to release more evidence https://t.co/2giQ25ydki
— Joyce Karam (@Joyce_Karam) September 16, 2019
We call on all nations to publicly and unequivocally condemn Iran’s attacks. The United States will work with our partners and allies to ensure that energy markets remain well supplied and Iran is held accountable for its aggression
— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) September 14, 2019
Iranian supported Houthi rebels who attacked Saudi oil refineries is yet another example of how Iran is wreaking havoc in the Middle East. The Iranian regime is not interested in peace – they’re pursuing nuclear weapons and regional dominance. https://t.co/RElvTDFYb2
— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) September 14, 2019
Evidence indicates Iranian arms used in Saudi attack, says Saudi-led coalition https://t.co/D6ZvpJ6wzK
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) September 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM.