Although they don’t possess the strength to support mounting of an offensive jihad right now, the Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America does support Hamas and the creation of an Islamic state under sharia law.
Clarion Project analyst Ryan Mauro recently wrote an analysis of the group. Mauro says that the Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America (AMJA) is extremely radical. They follow the Islams Salafist movement, which asks Muslims to reject a modern lifestyle and instead, live like early Islamic authorities, such as Mohammed himself. Salafist’s are also associated with Wahhabism, which insists on a literal interpreting of the Koran.
AMJA’s extremism promotes rebellion against state authority or monarchy. Furthermore, AMJA doesn’t support secular governments, like the United States. It’s members can accept citizenship in another country, but they must not accept indefinitely the law and legislation of that country, nor can they indefinitely stay in a non-Muslim country.
The group brags that over 400 attendees, including imams and students, took part in its 14th Annual Imams Conference. The event was held in Chicago on March 24-27.
Additionally, Mauro writes, “Its Fatwa Committee, Leadership Council, members and experts hold positions in prominent Islamist groups and mosques across the United States and around the world.”
Because it has such a wide influence worldwide, Mauro insists AMJA “cannot be dismissed.” He says they aren’t a fringe group, and their influence isn’t limited to a website.
Some of the group’s behaviors that concern Mauro, include:
- AMJA opposes jihad against the U.S. mainland, but only because “the Islamic community does not possess the strength to engage in offensive jihad at this time.” AMJA will instead rely on defensive jihad, and to improve their legal situation. They leave it open to discussion.
- AMJA says the group consists of “moderate” Islamist’s and condemns terrorism. They call Al-Qaeda and ISIS forms of “extremism. But Mauro says AMJA supports Hamas and, by extension, the “jihadist pursuit of destroying Israel”
- AMJA wants to see sharia law implemented globally under an Islamic state.
- AMJA promoted the topic “Protecting the New Muslim from extremist and liberal movements.” Mauro warns, “For AMJA, the ‘liberal’ practices of Islam are a threat worthy of being in the same sentence as the ‘extremist’.”
- AMJA justifies female genital mutilation and marital rape, yet condemns Western “extremist propaganda” against female circumcision.
- An AMJA fatwa teaches that Muslims “are allowed to show friendship to the disbelievers outwardly but never inwardly.”
- AMJA wants Muslim’s serving in U.S. courts as judges to gradually work in implementation of sharia law, “even if by a ruse.”
- AMJA’s version of sharia law includes punishments such as stoning for adultery and cutting off limbs.
Mauro concludes by noting that AMJA’s deceptive promotion includes hiding behind other more vocal groups. He says “it’s about time that the spotlight be shone on AMJA, one of the most radical and dangerous Islamist groups in America.”
Some American Muslims agree that sharia law is a good idea for the U.S. The topic was covered by Hannity in this clip.
H/T: Clarion Project
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Fed employee’s ISIS investigation leads to disturbing marriage