Warning that leftist progressives, funded by liberal billionaire George Soros, are infiltrating and hijacking Christian organizations, a coalition of about 630 evangelicals and Christian leaders has issued a strongly-worded open letter calling for them to repent.
The letter states that they are not endorsing any particular candidate, but their message is clear, as they denounce a destructive, liberal agenda, and point out the danger of allowing Soros’ Open Society Foundation to “fund and rent” Christians as “mascots” to validate their causes.
“After years of earnest but less public attempts, it is now with heavy hearts, and a hope for justice and restoration, that we Christian leaders urge ‘progressive’ evangelicals and Catholics to repent of their work that often advances a destructive liberal political agenda. We write as true friends knowing that most believers mean well.”
“As recent leaked documents confirm, and as Rev. Jim Wallis of Sojourners eventually admitted, wealthy, anti-Christian foundations, following the lead of billionaire George Soros’s Open Society Foundation, fund and “rent” Christian ministers as “mascots” serving as surprising validators for their causes. The consequent realities include injury to countless people, the Church, the family, nation and the global Church including many martyrs.”
Although the letter says they are not endorsing any candidate, they do say that Hillary Clinton openly declared war on Christian believers when she stated in a 2015 speech that “religious beliefs have to be changed.”
We are not here endorsing or denouncing a political candidate but reminding you of basic Christian morality. How ironic, stale and shameless for the very leaders whose ‘progressive’ policies are hurting minority communities to falsely label those with political differences as ‘racists.’ Under liberal leadership, Hispanics and African-Americans suffer the loss of work and income, rising urban violence and family disintegration including children targeted by abortionists for death. It’s time to tell the truth and rebuild together.
Consider some of the consequences of Progressive political activism over the past eight years:
- A growth industry trafficking in human baby organs and body parts – funded and defended by the Democratic Party.
- The abandonment of a biblical view of marriage that protected and liberated children and adults from centuries of pagan slavery, poverty, polygamy and non-life-giving sexuality.
- The Transgender agenda imposed by Obama-government edict, including gender re-education to be forced on our citizens, businesses, schools, military and churches.
- Doubling of our national debt, economic stagnation and increased welfare dependency.
- Increased minority unemployment, poverty and violent inner city lawlessness, with an accompanying loss of opportunity, self-determination and family stability.
- Heightened racial division and tension, and the growing phenomenon of paid demonstrators being recruited and dispatched to instigate protests that often become riots.
- Open borders and ‘sanctuary’ cities increasing drugs, disease, crime, gangs and terrorism.
- Forced refugee resettlement in hundreds of American cities without citizen consent, mandated by the federal government in collusion with the United Nations. “Refugees” are primarily non-assimilating Muslims, while authorities reject persecuted Christians.
- Hostility towards Judeo-Christian religious liberty in our courts, media and universities including the suppression of conservative speakers, free thought and moral education.
- The widespread, political use of the IRS to intimidate conservative, patriotic and Christian groups that disagree with the current political establishment.
After such demoralization and pain, why would any religious leader ask Christians to embrace a Progressive political agenda that is clearly anti-Christian?
They hold nothing back in explaining how Soros has funded the above agendas and has roped Christian organizations into implementing the same. Without saying directly who they endorse, the message is clear:
“For many years, Soros’s Open Society and other liberal foundations have funded not only most of the disturbing campaigns mentioned above (1-10) but also the Religious Left, using and creating ostensibly evangelical and Catholic organizations to “message and mobilize” Christians into Progressive causes. They use the Marxist-Alinsky tactic of funding “ministers” who cherry-pick faith language to confuse and divide the Church’s morality, mission and vote.”
In the ironic rhetoric of compassion, Soros and friends also fund mass immigration followed by redistricting schemes and “voting “rights,” while financing the campaigns of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. (Soros is a major donor to the Democratic Party and co-chairman of Ready for Hillary PAC.) One wonders if the end goal is the destruction of national identity through demoralization, open borders and debt, thus the “fundamental transformation” (weakening) of American civil society for their leveraged global power. (They have done this to other nations.)
We urge you to question the true intentions of persons or organizations that receive money from Soros and other billionaire globalists. We must not give their surrogates four more years.
And so we ask again, why do those who claim to share our faith in Christ continue to advocate for politicians who will pass legislation, and appoint justices and judges who will attack Christian liberty and persecute believers? Turning our nation over to the enemies of biblical faith does not honor Christ, promote love of neighbor, or advance God’s kingdom in the world.
We ask those who have intentionally or unwittingly aided the Progressive agenda in the past to look at the actual consequences of their policies. Please stop inviting fellow believers to assist global profiteers and political activists who are determined to de-Christianize America. Please repent, refuse funding and turn away from those who attack the Church and injure the nation.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Child Actor Asks Question At Clinton Rally