University of Maryland students are demanding 64 changes from their college that will benefit the “marginalized student populations” on campus. The list of demands is part of a multi-organization collaboration project called ProjectUMD. University of Maryland organizations involved include Students for Justice in Palestine, Bisexuals at Maryland, and the Black Student Union.
The project is focused on students in the following categories: “Marginalized, American Indian, Black, Latinx, LGBTQIA+, Muslim, Pro-Palestine, and Undocumented.” Below are a few numbered demands from ProjectUMD’s list:
- Scholarships for “students of marginalized communities.”
- A ban on Columbus Day.
- Beginning every school or on-campus event with an acknowledgement that “this is Indigenous Land.”
- All African American professors are automatically given tenure.
- All preferred pronouns are included on student rosters next to their names.
- “Queer diversity training” is mandatory and required for students and professors.
- One room in each major building is designated for Muslim prayer.
- Daily shuttle services are provided to local mosques for Muslim students.
- Remove rhetoric that Pro-Palestinian activism is equated with Anti-Semitism
- Recognition that Pro-Palestinians do not reject the human rights of any group of people.
Expectedly, Jewish student organizations have signed onto the list. However, school officials are reviewing the list of demands for consideration. “We commend the students for their passionate advocacy and for coming together in solidarity on these issues,” a university spokesperson said. “President Loh has convened a group of his staff to thoroughly review the list of demands and make recommendations accordingly. That process is well underway.”
To see the complete list of the 64 demands from “ProjectUMD”, CLICK HERE.
TEAM DML blankets on sale now for Christmas (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Petition To Stop Amazon From Advertising On Conservative Website