President Trump issued an executive order in January that ignited the development and completion of the Keystone XL and the Dakota Access pipelines. Both projects had been previously blocked by President Barack Obama.
President Trump said the Keystone XL oil pipeline would use American steel in its construction, but it turns out it will not.
In an interview with Fox News, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed on Friday that foreign steel will be used.
Sanders said, “The way that executive order is written, it’s specific to new pipelines or those that are being repaired.” She added, “And since this one is already currently under construction, the steel is already literally sitting there, it would be hard to go back. But I know that everything moving forward would fall under that executive order.”
Last week, President Trump said the Keystone and the Dakota Access pipelines must use American steel “or we’re not building one.” Sanders expressed that it would be extremely difficult to change direction at this point considering the Keystone project is already under construction and the steel has been procured.
Related News: NYC Mayor Threatens Bank Over Dakota Pipeline
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Airline Regulation Probe Suspended