Jill Stein blew a few dollars short of a million just on administration and staff in her failed attempt at recounts in two out of three states.
According to a breakdown of expenses contained on the fund’s website, Stein paid nearly $1 million on consultants and staff.
- The staff payroll tallied $212,500
- Consultants pocketed $364,000.
- Administrative expenses, such as travel costs, ran $353,618.
Total: $930,118 was used to pay consultants, staff, and administrative costs.
Out of the 7.4 million total dollars Stein raised, the majority of the money went to filing fees in the three states which cost $4,488,939,
- Wisconsin filing fees totaled $3,499,689
- Pennsylvania fees were $16,000
- Michigan filing fees ran the group $973,250.
- Legal expenses cost the group $1.6 million.
Wisconsin, the only state where Stein actually got to do her recount, ended the process on Monday with Trump up 162 votes from the original number he had.
— Tim Young (@TimRunsHisMouth) December 13, 2016
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Trump Supporter Slams Bernie on College Tuitions