Dennis Michael Lynch has been locked out of his Facebook account for more than 24-hours. This was done to him without any warnings or emails from Facebook.
Having reached out to a contact he has at Facebook who DML says is always professional and helpful, DML received a response Tuesday evening explaining why he is locked out of his account.
Here is the explanation:
Hi Dennis –
Your user account has been restricted due to exceeding our spam records. Some of the common things that get flagged to us as spam include:
1. Sending out mass friend requests to users
2. Posting URLs in mass
3. Commenting unrelated URLs in other users posts
Best step forward would be to review our community standards and to appeal the account restriction.
I think you can appeal this here: (link provided).
—- end of email —-
Not buying the answer he received from Facebook, DML responded by vowing to take a stand. Here is the response he sent Tuesday evening:
This is total BS.
1) I have not sent out more than 3 friends requests in the past year. And those requests were so I can get the 3 people access as my page admins.
2) I do not send out “spam.” We are like any other publisher you have, and Facebook knows it. We post links throughout the day to legitimate news stories on our website.
3) I have never “commented with an unrelated URL” in my life. Notwithstanding my responding to a user who may ask for a link to a previous story, etc. And even doing that is limited , if I’ve done it twice in the past year it would be a lot. I don’t have the time to “comment” with my own URLs on my page let alone unrelated URLs on some other page.
This is ridiculous, and it’s an absolutely outrageous answer from whoever sent it. Why wasn’t I issued any warnings? Where’s the email stating my violations?
I’m not appealing anything because this is a lie. I did nothing wrong; my only sin is trying to do honest business with Facebook.
That said, I so appreciate your professionalism and efforts. Unfortunately, we are where we started when I contacted you. I’m without any answers, and honestly, I don’t need any because by answering with this nonsense, FB tells me I am being targeted because I’m a conservative.
I’ll give this over to my lawyer to handle in the morning. I hope by tomorrow it’s resolved. If not I’ll be doing the media route, I guess.
It’s a shame, all we want to do is grow with FB but we are treated so disrespectfully.
Sent from my iPhone
— end of email —
We hope DML fans will complain to Facebook. We really hope you will download the DML APP because Dennis is not giving in on this one. He’s been dealing with this sort of unfair treatment for years, and he has put down his foot for not only himself, but for you and all people who are treated unfairly because of their political beliefs.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Event offers white people the chance to ‘meet a black person’