It is estimated that in 2015 the United States spent $152.8 billion a year on food stamps, health insurance, and cash assistance programs, more than half of it going to working families. Furthermore, based on the numbers published by the U.S. Census Bureau, it is clear that welfare dependency has grown rapidly under the Obama administration. Take a look:
1. Currently, more than 21% of U.S. population is on welfare. More than half of all welfare goes to working families.
2. Participation in welfare programs is increasing. In 2009, 18.6% of people in the U.S. received welfare of some kind. The number was 21.3% in 2012.
3. The average monthly benefit equals $400.
4. 39% of children receive welfare benefits.
5. 43% of percent of people have been receiving benefits for 37 to 48 months.
6. An average of 41.6% of African Americans receive welfare. 35% of Hispanics receive welfare.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.