Each day, I receive thousands of messages and emails. Below are three of them from the past 24 hours, and the response I’ve given to each. NOTE: I do not include the last name of the sender unless they explicitly request that I do so.
PLEASE SEND YOUR MESSAGES TO THE SUBMIT NEWS PAGE.
1) From Paula:
I am a die-hard Trump supporter but today I ran across this and couldn’t disagree with a lot of it…
Here’s to all of the people who voted for Trump:
– Remember when the so-called President said he was going to donate his salary? Well he just accepted his second paycheck.
– Remember when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall? He has asked Congress to appropriate the $25 billion of taxpayer money to cover costs.
– Remember when he said he was going to divest from his businesses? Changed his mind.
– Remember when he said he was going to release his tax returns? Changed his mind.
– Remember when he said he wasn’t going to go on vacation or play golf? 5 of the last 7 weekends he went on vacation and played golf, costing taxpayers $11.1 million.
– Remember when he said he was going to use American steel to build these dangerous pipelines? Russian steel arrived last week for the Keystone Pipeline XL.
– Remember when he said would defeat ISIS in 30 days? He still doesn’t even have a plan.
– Remember when he said he was going to appropriate money to HBCUs? He lied to get a photo-op.
– Remember when he said he was going to drain the swamp of Washington insiders? His cabinet is filled with lobbyists, oil and Wall Street executives.
– Remember when he said he wasn’t going to cut social security and Medicare? The Republican bill does just this.
– Remember when he said that nobody on his campaign has any communications with Russian govt? 7 of his people have now admitted they spoke and/or met with Russian officials, after they lied and got caught.
– Remember when he said that the Obamacare replacement would cover more people at lower cost? The AHCA that the GOP and 45 are now pushing; they now admit will cover fewer people at a higher cost.
Copy/paste/share, all trump voters should be informed.
DML: Paula, Paula, Paula. (DML takes in a gasp of air as he considers his options.) Paula, Paula, Paula. (DML takes a sip of coffee and decides to respond delicately.)
Do not lose faith, just yet. Do I believe he wants to make America great again? Yes. Do I believe he has your interests in mind? Yes. Do I think he will do everything he promised to do? No.
That said, I see the “copy/paste/share” message at the bottom of the post. I assume this was a Facebook post or email of some kind. It is, for the most part, propaganda, and there are numerous inaccuracies. I will comment on a few of the line items, but I ask you to PLEASE skip over garbage like this in the future.
1) As for the salary, White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters that the president would donate his salary at the end of the year, “and he’s asked that you all determine where it goes.” Remember, you can’t donate what you haven’t collected. Be patient. December 31, 2017, will be here all too soon. The donation will take place.
2) As for Mexico paying for the wall…
The wall hasn’t been built. The president has said he will make Mexico pay for it, somehow, some way. But let’s wait for the wall to be built before sending an invoice. You don’t actually think Mexico is going to “prepay” for a wall they don’t want, do you?
3) Cutting Social Security and Medicare. The ‘Republican’ bill is still being negotiated and is nothing but a piece of paper at this point. Hopefully, Trump runs away from the ‘Ryan’ bill. If he does not, I will be upset, and so should you be.
4) The pipeline materials were already ordered from a foreign nation prior to the president being in office. Going forward, any new pipelines being built or any repairs to existing pipelines will use American steel.
In short, nobody is perfect, including the person who created the email blast. Give Trump some time and keep your chin up.
2) From Armada:
Is it true that Eric Holder has been hired by Calif. to look any findings on Trump to prosecute him? He’s investigating our President?
DML: Democratic leaders of the California Legislature hired Holder to represent them in any legal fights against the new Republican-led Congress and President Trump. Holder was hired as outside counsel to provide advice on efforts to resist any attempts to roll back the progress California claims it has made on issues such as climate change and immigration.
However, California Assemblyman Kevin Kiley is challenging the hiring, saying it may violate the California Constitution.
Kiley has asked the California attorney general’s office to investigate whether Democrats broke the rules by retaining Holder for $25,000 per month to do a job that can be performed by state employees.
3) From Stephanie:
Dennis, Dennis, Dennis. I have been following you for such a very long time. I love how you think and what you do. BUT, I just cannot understand why you have not made contact directly with President Trump. I truly believe that he needs your perspective on a very personal level. He needs you as a sounding board. And, we, the people of the USA need our President to accomplish what he told us he would….i.e., demolish Obama Care. Anyway, that is my 2 cents….
A very strong fan who happens to have been born and raised in California…. it use to be the greatest place to live!!!! Stephanie A.
DML: Stephanie, Stephanie, Stephanie. I have so much to say, and there is so much I want to tell you, but there are times when loose lips sink ships. So, I’ll simply say this, “Thank you.”
Probably not the answer you’d like, but it’s the best one I can give. One day, I am sure there will be more to the answer. Until then, I thank you for the ongoing support.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Trump sends birthday wish to 105-year-old veteran