DML reported about a Texas teen who was electrocuted while using her cell phone in a bath tub last week. A new photo has emerged highlighting the setup she rigged to charge her phone.
Madison Coe, 14, was spending the summer with her dad in Lovington, New Mexico when she was fatally electrocuted after touching a frayed extension cord she had next to the tub to charge her cell phone.
Authorities say just moments before Coe died, she sent a text message to a friend along with a picture of her phone plugged into an extension cord. At first it was believed that the teen dropped her Samsung Edge Plus into the bath, but police say the device was never submerged in the water.
The text message read: “When you use and extension cord so you can plug in your phone while you’re in the bath,”
Police reported that while she was in the bath, she leaned over and touched the frayed extension cord, which had water in it, causing the fatal electrocution.
Her family agreed to release the photo to raise awareness of the dangers that come with using electronics near water.
“She was my everything,” her dad said in an interview earlier this week, as he paid tribute to his daughter.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Pastor found dead in bay with dumbbell around his neck