Former ethics chief clarifies ‘quitting over Trump’

Following his resignation last week, former head of the federal government’s ethics office Walter Schaub told ABC news Sunday he doesn’t feel he was pushed out from his job.

The comments come after a rough couple months between the federal ethics office and the White House. Earlier this year, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus claimed the head of government ethics “ought to be careful, because that person is becoming extremely political.”

Schaub will be officially leaving office July 19 and definitely feels the rules need strengthening, but isn’t blaming his leaving on the actions of the White House.

“I think that the fairly explicit threat from Reince Priebus during that show really is emblematic of how the interactions with the White House have been,” Shaub said Sunday. “But no I wasn’t pushed out at all.”

Schaub was appointed to his leadership position by former president Barack Obama.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend