Fox News reported Saturday that James Woods, the conservative actor icon, is retiring from acting. They blamed the retirement on the notion that he cannot find work in Hollywood.
The Fox News report about Woods was based off a property listing advertisement.
The truth is Woods is not retiring.
Woods owns a bunch of properties in Rhode Island. He has decided to sell some of his properties to simplify his life now that he’s 70 years old.
He met with his real estate agent last week to go over some of the details about how to write the “for sale” listings and post attractive pictures that will help sell the homes, including a lakefront vacation property.
His realtor, Allen Gammons, wrote up a news release. It part, it reads: “Longtime Rhode Island resident and Warwick Pilgrim High School graduate James Woods, Veteran of nearly 150 movies and television shows, has announced today that his recent retirement from the entertainment field has prompted him to simplify his life.”
When Gammons read back the ad to Woods, the famous actor was driving in his car and wasn’t fully paying attention to what was being read back to him. Thus, Woods didn’t catch the “retirement announcement.”
The small ad in the paper caught the attention of media outlets including Fox News who was quick to post the following: “Just weeks after James Woods said he was blacklisted in Hollywood because of his conservative views, the Oscar-nominated actor said he was retiring from the industry.
Woods tweeted this summer that he had “accepted the fact that” he was blacklisted from Hollywood because of his views. He has said being conservative has made it tough to find work in Hollywood the past few years.”
Fox News continued with it’s false reporting: “The announcement comes after Woods was in a Twitter feud with actress Amber Tamblyn, who last month accused him of trying to pick her up when she was 16. Woods called it a lie. Gammons said Woods declined to comment Friday when asked about Tamblyn’s accusation.”
Woods has said there are many conservative stars who didn’t speak up because “the blacklist against conservatives in Hollywood is very real.”
The Washington Post, which is often accused by Fox News for posting false reports, actually called Woods to see if the announcement of his retirement is true. Woods confirmed the report is false, and that he appears on TV shows from time to time and is currently working on projects. Woods said, “Nobody retires from making films.”
Woods said he didn’t reach out to media outlets to correct the reports because he wanted to see how long the false reporting would last and if anyone would actually care that he was retiring. As of Sunday morning Fox News has not retracted its report.
The tweet from Woods:
So I decided to talk to a reporter for the first time in years. To my surprise he got it right! Thank you, Avi… https://t.co/NPl8fUuKkY
— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) October 8, 2017
"BUILD THE WALL" bumper stickers now on sale. (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Hurricane Nate makes landfall as Category 1 storm