Aside from stating he will continue to provide content to his own website, former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly hasn’t revealed any big “next steps in media.” His options may be less than desired following his firing last month from Fox News. O’Reilly’s departure was the result of numerous sexual harassment allegations that forced advertisers into pulling their brands from his show. But that doesn’t seem to bother or scare The Blaze founder, Glenn Beck. A former Fox News employee himself, Beck offered O’Reilly a job on Friday.
“We could unite our powers for good as opposed to evil,” Glenn told O’Reilly during an interview on Beck’s program.
Beck, who has been accused by former employees of The Blaze of nearly running the network into the ground, is reportedly barely hanging on financially due to high production costs and limited distribution deals. In short, The Blaze and Beck are sagging brands. Nevertheless, despite his lack of resources and opportunities, Beck offered O’Reilly a job with The Blaze but said he’d have to pay the cable new icon “in sandwiches like you can’t believe.”
It would have to be a lot of sandwiches. O’Reilly is reported to have been making something near $20 million annually at Fox.
There are also rumors that O’Reilly received a $25 million payout at his departure from Fox News, but he would not confirm the story. “Why would you take anything that’s printed in the media seriously?” he asked regarding media reports. “Why would you believe it?”
O’Reilly didn’t accept the job offer on air.
Beck couldn’t be all too surprised by O’Reilly’s lack of interest. Beck has had a difficult time holding onto good talent. His biggest star, Tomi Lahren, is no longer with the network after Beck suspended her last month for statements she made on the ABC program ‘The View’ about being pro-choice. Beck finally let Tomi out of her contract after threats of a lawsuit arrived from her lawyers.
You can hear the interview with O’Reilly below:
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.