In an interview with Fox News, the governor of Guam governor said there is no state of panic among residents, as this is not the first time North Korea has made threats at the tiny island. (see video below)
The governor did emphasize there is a sense of “concern and worry” about the potential for North Korea to launch ballistic missiles its way, but that the people of Guam will not stop living their lives.
“Obviously for our administration and for the people of Guam, there is concern and worry,” Governor Eddie Baza Calvo (R) told host Brian Kilmeade who was filling in for Tucker Carlson.
The governor continued, “Because the western pacific has American soil in it, then a couple hundred thousands Americans could get caught in the crosshairs.” He added that 15,000 tourists are on the island, and they should continue to go about their routines.
He mentioned that going back to 2013, this is the 3rd of 4th threat by North Korea.
The tension between the United States and North Korea has elevated in the past 48-hours after President Trump said the U.S. will use fire and fury like nothing the world has ever seen if North Korea pushes too far.
Trump’s comments came in response to reports that North Korea had successfully produced a nuclear warhead small enough to fit inside one of its missiles.
North Korea responded by saying it was considering a strike on Guam, a U.S. territory and home to some U.S. military bases.
North Korea continued to push the threats even further on Wednesday when it announced that its military would have a plan in place by mid-August to attack Guam.
Speculation has run wild throughout the world about what Trump meant by “fire and fury.”
Trying to defuse the statement, Sec of State Tillerson told reporters on Wednesday that the president was merely sending a stern message to North Korea. Others like Judge Napolitano claim the president went too far. The judge said “Trump’s comments were over the top.” He continued, “If you take him at his words literally, it means he will kill innocent North Koreans.”
Meanwhile, we asked DML readers how they felt about Trump’s “fire and fury” comment in a poll launched earlier today. The poll was introduced by offering Trump’s exact statement: “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen. [Kim Jong Un] has been very threatening, beyond a normal state, and as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which this world has never seen before. Thank you.”
So far the poll has been shared more than 7k times today on DML’s website. The poll asks, “Did Trump’s “fire and fury” comment go too far?” So far, more than 92% of people voted ‘No,” 5% of people voted ‘Yes,” and 3% remain uncertain. You can take the poll by clicking here.
Watch the interview with the Guam governor:
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 10, 2017
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
North Korea responds to Trump’s ‘fire and fury’ statement