Calling them “liberal fascist journalists,” Sean Hannity announced that he has a team of lawyers preparing to sue those who smeared him this week, after a blogger came forward on Friday to claim that he acted inappropriately toward her more than a decade ago.
“In all seriousness, we are at a turning point,” Hannity said in the opening monologue of his show on Fox News, “a huge turning point when it comes to freedom of speech in the United States of America. I, for one, I refuse to sit back and let conservatives be silenced by these liberal fascists. It’s time to take a stand.”
He continued, “And, as I have explained, I also have become a target of these slanderous attacks. And in my opinion, what happened last Friday, this was designed to be a ‘kill shot’ … in other words, to ruin my career, shut me down, once and for all. Literally, I think they had the crosshairs at my head and my heart. They wanted to destroy me, ruin my career, get me off the air, once and for all.”
Recalling Bill O’Reilly’s unceremonious ousting from Fox News just last week, Hannity furiously railed against the “liberal fascist journalists” who are intent on silencing him next.
Hannity gave examples of misleading headlines and fabricated, outlandish “news stories” that aren’t at all fact-checked. Most of the stories about the malicious blogger have not been updated to reflect that fact.
Promising to “hold every media outlet that lies and smears me responsible,” Hannity said his lawyers tell him he has a good case against certain media outlets which “have a basic, fundamental obligation to do rudimentary fact-checking, instead of just taking the word of one individual.” He further noted that a “simple Google search” would have revealed that the woman’s accusations were proven false years ago.
“Enough is enough,” said Hannity, warning that attempts to destroy and silence conservative voices will be the end of the Fox News channel.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
REPORT: Jesse Watters’ “Sudden Vacation” after Ivanka Trump comments