Hearing reveals horrifying way British teen died from drugs

Support Team DML. Get the bumper sticker. CLICK HERE

Rebecca Brock, an 18-year-old law student from Nottinghamshire, England, was found dead in her room at the Hotel Marco Polo on the party island of Ibiza, on September 28, 2015, and a recent hearing has revealed that drugs caused her death in an unusual way.

A medical examiner determined that five bags of ecstasy, wrapped with elastic bands, literally exploded in the girl’s stomach, and Spanish police said the drugs in her system was double the level of what is considered a fatal overdose.

How she swallowed it is the major question her parents and investigators are asking, as her mother said she normally had difficulty even swallowing tablets.

Described as an “academically gifted student,” Brock had been studying law in the Netherlands, BBC News reported.

She had reportedly flown from the Netherlands to the island of Ibiza on September 22 to celebrate a friend’s birthday – an area she visited twice in the summer.

She was seen on surveillance video checking into her hotel, and her family knows she went to a club with friends on the night of September 22, but have determined that she did not have contact with anyone after September 23.

On the morning of September 28, Brock was found deceased in her hotel room by hotel staff. Spanish authorities listed her date of death as September 26.

According to the New York Post, Nottinghamshire Coroner Mairin Casey reported at the hearing:

“The evidence given (by the experts) was extensive and today I rely on their reports to make the following findings.”

“Becky died of MDMA intoxication commonly known as ecstasy. I find that no other substance was found in her body that could have contributed to her death. I find that she had not taken alcohol other than in a moderate amount.”

“There was no evidence of a form of assault. No witnesses to the investigation had seen her take drugs in Ibiza. I find it impossible to say how a pack or packs were ingested. How these bags were in her stomach we will never know.”

“It is likely that Becky became unwell and confused and most probably died a short time thereafter. It is not possible to say whether she would have been conscious or not. The conclusion I arrive at is this is a drug related death.”

Addressing the family, she added: “I would also like to mention your tremendous dignity here today. I cannot imagine what that loss must have felt like.”

“I have done the best I can to give you some answers and I offer you my sincerest condolences.”

Brock’s mother, Margarita Brock, stated at the hearing that her daughter had discussed experimenting with cocaine in the past, but said she had difficulty swallowing pills, and could not imagine how she would have swallowed entire bags of drugs.

Suspicion has been raised that she may have been forced to swallow the drugs.

“She tried cocaine with people she knew and people around her she knew. She said to her sister afterwards that she didn’t like it so she didn’t have to worry. She was very clear about what she let into her body and what she didn’t,” her mother stated.

“She wouldn’t take any pills easily — I can’t imagine that getting in her body at all. If she didn’t have to take a pill, she wouldn’t do because she couldn’t swallow it. I can’t see any other way than someone making that happen.”

"BUILD THE WALL" bumper stickers now on sale. (BUY NOW)

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.


Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend