Yashar Ali, the Huffington Post contributor who made allegations that Fox News host Eric Bolling sent lewd photographs to female co-workers, has responded to the $50 million lawsuit filed against him. His legal team is demanding that Bolling dismiss his lawsuit.
In his HuffPost article, which was published last Friday, Ali alleges that years ago, Bolling sent photos of male genitalia to two female coworkers at Fox. Bolling has denied the claim.
Shortly after the article surfaced, Fox News suspended Bolling, saying an investigation was pending. The host quickly hired a lawyer, swinging back at Ali to launch a $50 million lawsuit at the journalist.
Bolling commented on the article prior to publication through his attorney, Michael Bowe, who said the Fox News host “recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made.”
Now, in a letter to Bowe, Ali’s lawyer Patricia Glaser says the lawsuit is without merit, and that “Mr. Bolling’s recollection and belief hardly constitute a denial of the accusations made against him.”
Glaser claims the suit does not specify which statements were “false and misleading,” and declares “there is no evidence of actual malice” in Ali’s story. She calls Bolling’s lawsuit “a calculated effort to harass and intimidate Mr. Ali personally” and a “frivolous” public relations stunt.
Furthermore, in the letter, Glaser alleges that the lawsuit has “tarnished Mr. Ali’s reputation and incited Mr. Bolling’s supporters to post racist tirades against Mr. Ali on his Facebook page.”
On Friday, Ali posted the letter to his Twitter account, writing: “My lawyer just sent this letter to Eric Bolling’s lawyer. I look forward to her taking his deposition and the discovery process.”
My lawyer just sent this letter to Eric Bolling’s lawyer. I look forward to her taking his deposition and the discovery process. pic.twitter.com/pQL7j5m0a1
— Yashar Ali (@yashar) August 11, 2017
Ali is referencing a part of the letter in which Glaser says they are eager to depose Bolling. She wrote, “We welcome the opportunity to depose Mr. Bolling and review his message history, as we presume that you have instructed him to preserve communications.”
In the letter to Bowe, Glaser also claims that Ali’s legal team is confident that the Fox investigation will corroborate Ali’s article. She copied Dianne Brandi on the letter, as she is Fox News’ executive vice president of legal and business affairs.
In the lawsuit filed by Bolling against the Huffington Post writer, it states, “The nature of this action is for damages and injunctive relief based on defamation arising from the defendant’s efforts to injure the plaintiff’s reputation through the intentional and/or highly reckless publication of actionable false and misleading statements about the plaintiff’s conduct and character.
“The relief sought includes, but is not limited to, reputational damages, monetary damages, special damages, punitive damages, costs, fees, injunctive relief and such other relief as is just and proper, in an amount not less than $50 million.”
Bolling, who previously co-hosted “The Five,” recently appeared on the network as a host of the new FOX show, “The Specialists,” and the weekly Saturday program “Cashin’ In.”
TEAM DML blankets on sale now for Christmas (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Scaramucci switches on Colbert