A recent eight-day enforcement operation by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) officials has resulted in 123 criminal aliens being arrested across Central and South Texas.
ICE and Removal Operations (ERO) conducted the operation from July 10-19 and their targets were those who had criminal backgrounds.
Out of the total 123 arrested, 93 had criminal histories that included convictions for aggravated assault, assault, child abuse, domestic violence, cocaine possession, fraud, driving under the influence, drug trafficking, felony marijuana possession, illegal entry, illegal re-entry after deportation, larceny, possessing a controlled substance, and weapons possession. Another 30 were arrested on immigration violations, according to an ICE press release on Saturday.
Two of the criminal aliens arrested already had outstanding warrants. One was immediately turned over to ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Task Force for having a warrant out for alien smuggling, while the other had a warrant for possessing marijuana and was handed off to the Travis County Sheriff’s Office. (Scroll down for more.)
The following is a breakdown of arrests made by ERO officers throughout Central and South Texas:
- Austin (13)
- Waco (3)
- Harlingen (44)
- Laredo (27)
- San Antonio (36)
The press release also included criminal histories of four of the worst offenders apprehended during the ICE operation:
A 46-year-old Mexican man was arrested July 11 in Harlingen by ERO officers. He was convicted of manufacturing and delivering a controlled substance. He was also removed six times to Mexico; he has three resultant federal convictions for illegal re-entry after deportation. He is again being federally prosecuted for illegal re-entry. He remains in U.S. Marshals’ custody pending the outcome of his criminal case.
A 41-year-old Mexican man twice convicted of assault-family violence, convicted of assault-bodily injury, and recently arrested for possessing a controlled substance was arrested July 11 by ERO officers in Austin. He is in ICE custody pending a removal hearing.
A 51-year-old Mexican man convicted of heroin possession was arrested by ICE officers July 12 in Laredo. He was previously deported and was federally convicted four times for illegal re-entry after deportation. He is in ICE custody pending his removal.
A 39-year-old Mexican man was arrested July 12 in San Antonio by ERO officers. He was convicted of two counts of lewd act on a child and one count of impregnating a minor; he was twice deported, and was convicted for illegal re-entry after deportation. He is again being federally prosecuted for illegal re-entry. He remains in U.S. Marshals’ custody pending the outcome of his criminal case.
In an interview Tuesday, Thomas Homan, acting director of ICE, said President Trump has given him the authority to hire as many as 10,000 new agents, and he plans to “flood” sanctuary cities with ICE agents, promising that “ICE is open for business.”
The targets of this latest round-up were “were amenable to arrest and removal under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act,” states the document.
“This operation was focused on targeting immigration fugitives and criminal aliens,” said Daniel Bible, field office director of ERO San Antonio. “Public safety remains a top priory for ICE. This was a focused eight-day enforcement operation over a large area, but we routinely conduct operations daily.”
"BUILD THE WALL" bumper stickers now on sale. (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Australia’s rejected refugees due in the US this fall