At least 14 locations have been exposed to highly contagious measles by infected workers at a detention center who were yet unaware they had contacted the disease. New cases are being reported daily. Although the worker was vaccinated, that did not prevent the person from getting the disease. Below are affected locations as reported by health officials:
Officials say the newly identified public exposure includes the following Arizona locations:
- Wednesday, May 18: Denny’s (1851 E. Florence Blvd., Casa Grande) from 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 18: Wal-Mart Pharmacy (1741 E. Florence Blvd., Casa Grande) from 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 19: Wal-Mart Pharmacy (1741 E. Florence Blvd., Casa Grande) from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- May 20 through May 29: Circle K (2382 N. Pinal Ave., Casa Grande)
- Friday, May 20: Safeway (1449 N. Arizona Blvd., Coolidge) from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.; Golden Corral (2064 E. Florence Blvd., Casa Grande) from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.; Ross (1004 N. Promenade Pkwy, Casa Grande) 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.; Wal-Mart (1741 E. Florence Blvd., Casa Grande) 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.; Corner Store (2182 E. Florence Blvd., Casa Grande) from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Friday, May 27: Cheddars (2530 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler) from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Previously reported exposures include the following:
- Saturday, May 21: Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino (15406 N. Maricopa Rd.) from 6 a.m. – 2 a.m. on May 22.
- Sunday, May 22: Arco AM/PM (2245 E. Florence Blvd., Casa Grande) from 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Sunday, May 15 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.; Monday, May 16 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.; Wednesday, May 18 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Apostolic Assembly The Faith (424 E. Frontier St., Eloy).
- Tuesday, May 17: Villa Oasis High School graduation (3740 N. Toltec Rd., Toltec) from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
What started with one inmate at the detention center in central Arizona has now expanded to 11 confirmed cases of measles – 7 total illegal aliens and 4 people who are workers at the facility. The detention center has stopped accepting new illegal aliens or releasing any currently held there. They are working to isolate patients and vaccinating everyone else in the facility.
Measles is highly contagious. The symptoms include fever, red, watery eyes, cough and runny nose, followed by a rash that is red, raised, and blotchy. The rash begins on the face at the hairline and moves down the body and may last five to six days. Symptoms can take up to 21 days to appear after the first exposure.
Last year a woman from Washington state died from measles.
The majority of illegal aliens entering the United States have not been vaccinated for measles and other highly contagious diseases.
TEAM DML blankets on sale now for Christmas (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Another Obamacare Provider Collapses