A Florida teen almost died from excessive alcohol poisoning after her mother coaxed the fifteen-year-old girl into splitting a bottle of whiskey.
Theresa Adkins, 35, and her daughter were reportedly drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels at a hotel when suddenly the teen began throwing up and violently shaking.
Her other daughter, 13, urged Adkins to call 911, but the irresponsible mother refused and waited two hours before finally contacting paramedics and emergency services. The Daytona Beach police department commented Thursday that they found Theresa Adkins’ daughter unconscious at a Days Inn, and was immediately taken to a local hospital.
Adkins was charged with child abuse, child neglect and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. On Thursday night, she was subsequently jailed on $20,000 bail.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
5 acid attacks perpetrated in London