Sent by email, a bomb threat was issued to the Jewish Children’s Museum in Brooklyn, forcing the evacuation of the building Thursday morning.
Police investigated the building and found no evidence of present explosives, allowing the museum to re-open earlier this afternoon.
Promising justice after Brooklyn became another city to be targeted by the recent anti-Semitic sentiment in the United States, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he intends to build a New York task force to specifically investigate such actions.
“It’s immoral, it’s unethical and it’s also illegal, and we are going to find the people who are doing these threats,” Cuomo said.
The New York Daily News seized a copy of the email, as the person behind the message alleges to have had reversed course on carrying out the attack. The NYDN also reported that the building was threatened with three pipe bombs that were strategically placed within the museum.
“I made wrong decisions in my life which I deeply regret,” the message is believed to have read. “I befriended these people and went on with them to carry out this attack. I recently cleared my mind and I want to prevent this bombing attack from taking place by notifying you.”
CBS New York’s report on the incident can be seen below:
TEAM DML blankets on sale now for Christmas (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Illegal alien deported five times kills woman in sanctuary city