The Islamic State has sent at least 1500 Jihadi terrorists back to Europe from the Middle East and some are planning to organize and initiate attacks.
The experts believe that about 5000 Islamic fundamentalists had originally left Europe over the last several years to live in Iraq and Syria. Now 1500 are being sent back and many may be coming with specific missions to carry out attacks in Europe.
According to Heatstreet, a report by Gilles de Kerchove, the EU’s Counter-Terrorism Co-ordinator, states there are two kinds of “foreign terrorist fighters” returning to Europe.
“There are largely two categories of returnees: those in the majority who will drift back and those who will be sent back on specific missions, which are of most concern.”
The report states the returning Jihadi’s will be capable of keeping in contact with ISIS in the Middle East through social media platforms like Twitter and encrypted one-to-one messaging service Telegram.
“There is also a significant foreign terrorist fighter contingent with Daesh in Libya which might attempt to use their nationality or family connections to return to Europe.”
De Kerchove has said before that it is impossible to be certain how many militants were already in Europe but that the internet now represents a major threat to security. He describes it as the “virtual calpiphate”.
Under the worst case scenario, de Kerchove says, nuclear power stations and air traffic control systems could be attacked.
De Kerchove said: “We have to be prepared because some of them will come to Europe.
They may try to come back home and we don’t want to repeat the mistake we made in the late 80s when the Russians left Afghanistan and we left these mujahideen in the wild.
The physical caliphate is collapsing but we still have the virtual caliphate and this allows the organisation to direct attacks. So far the terrorist organisations have not used the internet as a weapon, to mount an attack through the internet. It has not happened so far, but I don’t exclude that before five years we will be confronted by this.”
— Fathom Journal (@fathomjournal) December 5, 2016
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Iran Opens Jihadist Amusement Park