With Obama leaving office and President-elect Trump planning to repeal Obamacare, Jimmy Kimmel Live decided to resurrect an experiment he conducted in 2013, testing strangers’ knowledge on which was better: Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act.
Spoiler alert: they are exactly the same!
The Jimmy Kimmel Live crew hit the streets of New York to see if anything had changed.
It seems that after three years, Americans are still mystified by the concept of Obamacare, but that doesn’t stop them from giving some downright opinionated and hilarious answers.
When asked by an interviewer, “Do you support Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act?” One woman said, “I’m not the biggest fan of Obama, so I don’t support him and the Obama things that he’s got going on.”
Here are a few other cringe-worthy responses from interviewees:
- A confounded millennial claimed he would “support Obamacare but not the Affordable Care Act.”
- One young man couldn’t even pronounce “Obamacare” and said, “My girlfriend supports Trump, so I go with whatever she says.”
- Another clueless American thought: “One you pay and the other one Obama pays for you.”
- “Obamacare is more affordable for the less fortunate than the Affordable Care Act.” (Huh?)
- Kimmel saved the best for last: an obviously dazed and confused teenager called Obama “pretty tight” and gave his mom a shout-out for his health insurance.
Watch the Jimmy Kimmel Live crew interview random passersby on the street about the difference between Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Wynn Pulls Designer Products After Comment About Melania Trump