UPDATED: Mediaite reports that a Fox News “source” is denying this report by CNBC. Fox News has yet to respond with an official statement.
After making the claim last week that a British intelligence agency had wiretapped Trump Tower on direct orders from former President Barack Obama, multiple news agencies are now reporting that Fox News analyst Andrew Napolitano has been taken off the air indefinitely.
According to financial news network CNBC:
“A person with knowledge of the situation who spoke on condition of anonymity because it was a personnel matter said Napolitano has been benched and won’t be appearing on the air in the near future. Fox had no immediate comment Monday.”
White House press secretary Sean Spicer repeated Napolitano’s remarks during a daily press briefing last week, saying, “Judge Andrew Napolitano made the following statement, quote, ‘Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command.'”
“‘He didn’t use the [National Security Agency], he didn’t use the CIA … he used GCHQ,'” quoted Spicer, referring to Britain’s Government Communications Headquarters.
GCHQ has denied Napolitano’s claims that it helped spy on Trump for Obama in 2016.
“Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct ‘wiretapping’ against the then-president-elect are nonsense,” according to a spokesman for the agency.
When asked about the former judge’s claims, President Trump said, “I didn’t make an opinion on it.” He continued, “All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television.”
He concluded, “That was a statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox. And so, you shouldn’t be talking to me, you should be talking to Fox.”
Napolitano hasn’t appeared on Fox since late last week when he made the comments.
On Friday, Fox’s Shepard Smith stepped the network away from Napolitano’s claim. “Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now-president of the United States was surveilled at any time, in any way,” Smith said.
The judge isn’t the only media personality on the sidelines, on Monday The Blaze officially suspended it’s number one star, Tomi Lahren for controversial statements she made last week. For details, click here.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Media Fairness Caucus issues condemnation of media bias