The threat level against Kellyanne Conway has changed, so she will no longer be covered by Secret Service agents, according to multiple reports.
Back in December, just before President Trump was preparing for his inauguration, Conway began getting death threats, which she blamed on “incendiary rhetoric” propagated by the staunchest Clinton holdouts, including former campaign spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri, who said that Trump’s campaign gave a platform to white supremacists and empowered the White National movement.
As ill-advised as it seems to make such information headline news, this story has nevertheless been reported by several news outlets on Tuesday, stating that the White House senior adviser dropped her protection, and she’s not the only one: Donald Trump Jr.’s family will also no longer have Secret Service agents trailing their every move.
Up until now, the Secret Service has been protecting 42 members of the Trump administration, according to USA Today, including 18 members of the president’s family. Thirty-one people were protected during the Obama administration, by comparison, which puts into perspective how dangerous it is to serve in the Trump administration.
In an August interview with USA Today, Secret Service Director Randolph Ailes said that his agency was nearing its spending limit for protecting President Trump and his family, noting that 1,000 agents had already reached their federal salary caps and overtime payments for the year.
The move to get rid of round-the-clock protection for Trump Jr. and wife Vanessa was reportedly because the couple wished to have more privacy. Other family members of the president will remain under Secret Service protection.
Secret Service protection is mandated by law to protect the U.S. president’s immediate family members, unless told otherwise.
An official told The New York Times that Conway’s protection is not covered by statute, adding that President Trump approved protection for her after she received several death threats.
TEAM DML blankets on sale now for Christmas (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.