Las Vegas shooter wired $100k to the Philippines last week

Support our flag. Get the bumper sticker. CLICK HERE

Law enforcement officials have discovered that during the past week, Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock wired $100,000 to an account in his live-in girlfriend’s home country of the Philippines.

Officials have confirmed that Marilou Danley was in the Philippines on Sunday when Paddock shot automatic weapons at a crowd of innocent people attending a country music festival on the Vegas Strip. However, it was not known whether the money was intended for her, her family, or another purpose.

Danley, 62, traveled to Hong Kong on Sep. 25. Reports say she was on vacation with three girlfriends at the time of the killings. She is expected to shed light on more information about the killer and his motives when she returns to the U.S. on Wednesday, officials said. The couple lived together in nearby Mesquite, Nevada, in a scenic, desert, resort-like retirement village just north of the Las Vegas strip.

Photographs from 2013 show that the two traveled to the Philippines together and visited Danley’s family.

Danley is not believed to be involved in the shooting “at this time,” law enforcement officials told reporters on Monday.

“We have had conversations with her and we believed her, at this time, not to be involved. But obviously, that investigation will continue,” Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said. “She was not with [Paddock] when he checked in. We have discovered he was utilizing some of her identification.”

Danley was initially thought to be traveling with Paddock in Las Vegas. But she was not in the 32nd-floor room in the Mandalay Bay hotel that Paddock was using when police blew the door off and barged inside, 72 minutes after the first 911 call. Police found the shooter dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound and an arsenal of 23 firearms in the hotel room. They later found 19 more weapons at his home.

Investigators still have not determined a motive for the mass murder, although ISIS has publicly taken credit for it, claiming that he had been radicalized. Law enforcement officials deny their claims.

The death toll currently stands at 59, but officials have warned that could change. More than 500 people were wounded.

JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend