Leaked documents from George Soros’ Open Society Foundations (OSF) show the methods used by the billionaire activist to defeat populist candidates and movements in Europe.
George Soros is a U.S. citizen but, according to the Daily Caller, the documents reveal that he “uses a network of nonprofits and partner organizations across Europe to try and affect the outcomes of elections in foreign countries.”
Soros affects foreign electoral outcomes through advocacy efforts, education campaigns, and projects involving media influence in support of his open-borders worldview. Mass immigration is the goal, and those who oppose it are seen as a threat.
“The next EU elections might also bring more populists and extremists into the European Parliament, which could undermine all our achievements to date,” read one internal OSF document from 2013, marked “Confidential.”
Another document lists OSF’s payments which were related to the 2014 European Parliamentary elections.
The following were included in the report of Soros’ money being used to impact elections:
- OSF sent $35,000 to the Athena Institute for “analyzing and reporting the 2014 European elections and countering extremist and populist political voices in Hungary.”
- The Institute for European Policy received $49,930 from the OSF for “naming and shaming populism in [the European Parliament] election campaign” in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Slovakia.
- OSF gave $27,049 to the Public Diplomacy Council of Catalonia for a workshop to influence “leading journalists and media practitioners from Europe” to change their coverage to prevent “populist, xenophobic and Eurosceptic movements.”
- A $46,840 OSF grant went to the Center for Peace Studies to “stimulate public support and election turnout among ambivalent voters in order to prevent the election of xenophobic, racist, and other radical political options representing Croatia at the EU level.”
- UNITED for Intercultural Action took $100,000 to “counter the election [of European Members of Parliament] from populist and far-right parties in Europe.”
The documents show that Soros “gave more than $6 million to 90 different partner organizations to influence the outcome of the 2014 European Parliamentary elections.”
DC Leaks first posted the secret OSF documents last summer. It also posted the personal emails of former secretary of state and retired Gen. Colin Powell. The authenticity of the documents has been verified by the OSF.
“We couldn’t find a single story on The New York Times, CNN, Washington Post, CBS News, or other major news sites that even noted the existence of these leaked documents, let alone reported on what’s in them,” according to an Investor’s Business Daily editorial which ran last summer.
“Indeed, the only news organization that appears to be diligently sifting through all the documents is the conservative Daily Caller, which as a result has filed a series of eye-opening reports.”
H/T: Daily Caller
"BUILD THE WALL" bumper stickers now on sale. (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Autopsy confirms chemical weapons used in Syrian attack