Democrats and mainstream media outlets continue to attribute Trump’s White House victory to a rash of “fake news” stories that swayed voters.
However, they never identify the fake stories or the voters who fell for the trickery. Even so, according to the “left,” the “right” put out fake news stories that were so powerful and so believable, that undecided voters had no choice but to abandon Hillary Clinton. Thus, the left demands something be done about the publishers of fake news because the United States cannot have our elections influenced by fake news.
In reaction to the nonsense, Facebook partnered with an entire group of liberal watchdogs like Snopes, the Washington Post, and ABC NEWS to fact check the news that flows through your news feed. They, and only they, will determine what is and what is not fake news.
Related News: Spicer Unleashes on NYT’s “Fake News”
Fortune magazine senior writer, Mathew Ingram recently opined a great article that highlights how liberals are really the publishers of meaningful fake news.
Ingram began his article with the portrayal of fake news as being spread by “right-wing sites and networks, alleging all kinds of horrible things done by Hillary Clinton and/or the left: murders, child sex-abuse rings operating underneath pizza parlors, and more.”
Ingram went on to debunk a whole slew of fake news stories and the media giants that publish them.
Here’s a handy list:
- Former journalist and Clinton aide, Sidney Blumenthal had penned lies in the London Review of Books about President Trump’s father, Fred, making him seem racist.
- Blumenthal also falsely claimed that Trump’s father ran for NYC Mayor and commissioned racist TV ads. The videos turned out to be fake.
- Social media circulated a doctored image of Trump’s father, Fred, in which he was wearing a KKK robe.
- The New York Times published questionable statements made by Trump’s Secretary of Energy pick, Rick Perry, making it appear as if the former Texas governor is ill-equipped to handle the job. It later turned out that the story had taken Perry’s words out of context.
- A story claiming that police officers had burned activists protesting the Dakota Access pipeline has been making rounds on social media sites, but it turned out to be a Hollywood film from 2007 pictured in the post.
- President Trump’s travel ban sparked lots of fake news, including a photo of a child in handcuffs that was actually from 2015.
- A woman lied about having her hijab stolen in a Manhattan subway, but media outlets ran with the story giving it a top headline.
- A well-known YouTube prankster staged a scene over speaking Arabic on an airplane and being thrown off — liberal outlets ran with the story as an example of Trump supporters being “anti-Islam.”
- The Washington Post falsely claimed that the Russians had hacked into this country’s electrical grid.
- BuzzFeed published a phony story about President Trump and his activity in Russia.
- The story of a Jewish family that had to flee their home in Pennsylvania as a result of extreme anti-Semitism over a Christmas nativity play was another fake news story pushed by leftist media sources.
Ingram regularly writes about the topic of fake news. His advice to readers is to check out questionable stories. Problem is, nobody knows where to check.
H/T: Fortune Magazine
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Newspaper Runs Photo of SNL’s Alec Baldwin Instead of Trump