Man dies from fireworks exploding prematurely

Support our flag. Get the bumper sticker. CLICK HERE

INDIANA — A 25-year-old man died last night after an accident involving fireworks blowing up prematurely.

Michael Osborne of Salem, Indiana, was pronounced dead shortly before midnight at Methodist Hospital, according to the Henderson County Coroner’s Office.

“I haven’t ever heard of anything like this happening here,” said the coroner, Bruce Farmer.

According to the police report, Osborne was standing over the fireworks preparing to light them off when one them exploded prematurely, hitting him square in the chest. Thus, the preliminary cause of death is being recorded as blunt force trauma.

 

According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2013, U.S. hospital emergency rooms treated an estimated 11,400 people for fireworks related injuries; 55 percent of 2014 emergency room fireworks-related injuries were to the extremities and 38 percent were to the head. The risk of fireworks injury was highest for young people ages 0-4, followed by children 10-14.

JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend