An Arizona man made an effort to cook a rattlesnake on his grill, but the snake struck back.
Victor Pratt was hosting a birthday party for his child when a rattlesnake uninvitedly entered the yard. Pratt saw the moment as an opportunity to educate his guests on catching and cooking rattlesnakes.
In a report on the incident, Pratt explained that he snatched the venomous snake but lost grip of the snake’s head, thus, allowing it to move freely. That’s when the snake attacked him, biting Pratt in the chest and face.
His family quickly got him to the hospital, where medics saved his life.
Rattlesnake venom can cause paralysis, swelling, and internal bleeding to humans.
Pratt, who was put under sedation for five days, said, “I lost five days of memory.” He also said, “I didn’t know where I was for five days.”
Dr. Curry, Banner Hospital’s toxicology director explained that victims with face bites need to be heavily sedated because neck swelling can jeopardize the endotracheal tube which passes air in and out of the lungs. If this occurs, the patient can die in a matter of 4 to 5 minutes.
Pratt came away with one lesson learned. “Ain’t gonna play with snakes no more,” Pratt said.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Irma leaves one Florida area with deadly health crisis