Man seriously injured when e-cigarette explodes in his mouth (photo)


A Hawaii man who had kicked his cigarette habit and switched to e-cigarettes five years ago may have just found a way to kick that habit as well.

Matt Yamashita, 25, lost four teeth and needed about 40 stitches to put his mouth back together after an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth Sunday. (WARNING – PHOTO BELOW IS GRAPHIC AND MAY BE DISTURBING.)

“I just got out my car and I was ready to play basketball, but I just wanted to take a few puffs of vape before I played,” he said. “As soon as I took that first rip, it just blew up in my face.”

“My right hand was burning, it was black,” said Yamashita. “I just heard loud ringing in both my ears and I just saw a flash then I was spitting out blood and I was just in shock.”

Yamashita said he’s feeling thankful to be alive, and still be able to see and taste. He will need surgery to install dental implants later, and said he’s considering a lawsuit.

WNEM News reported that the model Yamashita was using was a CoilART Mage, which had no safety features.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.


Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend