Media news and other sources are continuing to perpetuate a story that White House chief of staff Reince Priebus will be the next individual to leave the Trump administration.
Following Michael Flynn’s resignation as national security adviser, a Washington Post article, featuring an interview with Newsmax founder and Trump-associate Christopher Ruddy, details how Ruddy believes “Reince is the problem” within Trump’s cabinet.
“I think on paper Reince looked good as the chief of staff — and Donald trusted him — but it’s pretty clear the guy is in way over his head,” Ruddy told The Post.
However, Ruddy later attempted to backpedal his initial comments: “I’m hearing from a number of senior people today that President Trump very much likes the job Reince Priebus is doing and has no intention of replacing him.”
On Monday, Politico reported that campaign aides have begun compiling a list of possible new chief of staffs to replace Priebus. Breitbart also reported the story, similarly, writing the following in regards to Priebus’ status amongst Trump and White House officials:
“Specifically, multiple sources close to President Trump with internal knowledge of White House operations told Breitbart News on Monday night that the buck stops with Priebus when it comes to the botched rollout of the executive order temporarily banning most travel to the United States from seven nations with a history of exporting terrorism and temporarily halting the refugee program.”
However, earlier this week, Trump debunked the reports: “Reince is doing a great job. Not a good job. A great job.”
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Fmr. National Security Adviser Michael Flynn May Face Felony Charge