Men at FOX called out on sexual harassment allegations

Pointing out that men who work at Fox News have kept quiet about allegations of sexual harassment, political commentator and former Fox News contributor S.E. Cupp called their silence “deafening” in a recent op-ed in which she implored them to speak out about what they know.

“[W]hile woman after woman has come out to tell her story and share her humiliating and outrageous experience, the silence from the men of Fox News has been deafening,” Cupp wrote in a Tuesday op-ed for the New York Daily News.

“Whether they believe their female colleagues have been sexually harassed at Fox or they think the Fox good name is being sullied unfairly, you’d think many would have much more to say.”

Noting that there are many “good, decent” men at the network, some of whom have “huge platforms,” Cupp said that their comments could help in the effort to change “a culture of sexual harassment and the unfair treatment of women.”

When employed by Fox News 10 years ago, Cupp said that she did not experience sexual harassment of any kind during her two years as a contributor to the network, but never met former host Bill O’Reilly or former chairman Roger Ailes, who have both been accused of sexual harassment.

O’Reilly was dropped from the network last week after sexual harassment allegations caused protesters to camp out in front of the network and advertisers on his show to pull campaigns.

“But it’s clear, given what so many women have alleged in the past year, that Fox has a very serious woman problem,” Cupp observed, and she’s not alone in her wish to hear from the men at the network.

On Sunday, former Fox News reporter and anchor Alisyn Camerota accused Ailes of sexual harassment for the first time, years after the alleged harassment took place.

Cupp wrote that if the men at Fox News don’t publicly condemn sexual harassment at the network, “talk from the top of a ‘culture change’ rings hollow.’”

She noted, “Excising two prominent figures, years after allegations were made known and after millions were spent to keep them in power, is not a culture change. It’s a business decision.”

After losing his longtime job as host of the popular “The O’Reilly Factor” last week, it was reported that Bill O’Reilly will receive a multi-million dollar severance package from the network.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook