Multiple health violations found at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort


According to a report by the Miami Herald, state inspectors found 13 health code violations in the kitchen of President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, just days before the visit of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

The evaluation, which took place on Jan. 26, found the resort’s kitchen did not meet minimum Florida standards.

The inspectors noted issues with undercooked meat and dangerous fish, two coolers that were too warm, and other minor violations. Three of the violations were considered “high priority,” meaning that they could lead to the existence of bacteria on dining room plates.

The report indicates the club was cited for not maintaining its coolers in proper condition and was ordered to empty and repair them immediately.  According to Reuters, Mar-a-Lago representatives did not respond to requests for comment on the problems discovered at the private club.  The officials said the infractions were fixed the same day.

President Trump calls Mar-a-Lago the “winter White House” and will have visited it seven times since his January inauguration when he travels to the private resort for the Easter holiday.

He has been frequently criticized for his travel, including facing requests by Florida Democrats to reimburse the area for his travel expenses. On April 12, a Palm Beach official proposed the Mar-a-Lago resort pay a special tax to cover the president’s travel costs.


If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.


Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend