Law enforcement officers arrested an Iraqi man after the 5TH suspicious incident within a 24-hour period.
The Denton, Texas police department is currently working a terroristic threat offense, and have arrested Peshwaz Azad Waise, 28, Wednesday morning at the Denton County Courthouse, and he is being held in custody at the Denton City Jail.
Five separate incidents occurred beginning Tuesday night before law enforcement took Waise into custody.
- Police were responding to a service call Tuesday night when they were contacted by Waise, who was speaking irrationally and making comments about God and Allah, according to a news report released by police. Since Waise was not in violation of any law, the officers continue on with their original service call.
- Later, Waise showed up at the iHop restaurant on the University of North Texas campus, speaking irrationally again. Campus police responded to the call, issued him a notice of trespass and told him to leave the property.
- Then Waise went to a women’s health center and tried to give them a Koran. He insisted they take it from him and give it to the chaplin “or die”. He left before law enforcement officers could get there.
- Next, he went to the Denton County Court House, but was stopped at the security checkpoint, where he told security officers he was “the King.” Sheriff’s deputies escorted him outside the building.
- While being escorted out, Waise became “agitated”, and told the officers, “I’m imposing the death penalty on you… anybody who touches me is going to bleed.”
Upon hearing that threat, Denton Police officers placed him under arrest and took him to the city jail. His vehicle was scanned with a robot for explosives, but none were found. Witnesses say he was wearing a turban and yelling in Arabic. NBC News reported it is unclear why Waise was in North Texas as he does not appear to have ties to the area. According to his passport, he was born in Iraq.
On his Facebook page, Peshwaz Azad Waise indicates that he attended Chantilly High School in Chantilly, Va., and graduated from George Mason University in 2010. He lists Washington, D.C., as his current residence.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
ILLEGAL MIDDLE EASTERNER ARRESTED WITH GAS PIPELINE PLANS