A new survey suggests potential Democratic rivals for President Trump in the 2020 election, and there are no big surprises.
The latest Public Policy Polling survey lists five potential Democratic primary candidates after a national poll was conducted. The poll suggests any of the Democratic candidates would beat Trump in “hypothetical match ups.”
The PPP results:
- Former Vice President Joe Biden beats Trump, 54 percent to 41 percent.
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker beats Trump, 43 percent to 41 percent.
- California Sen. Kamala Harris beats Trump, 42 percent to 41 percent.
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders beats Trump, 51 percent to 41 percent.
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren beats Trump 46 percent to 43 percent.
Not surprisingly, the support comes mostly from former Hillary Clinton backers.
The voters polled cited things like healthcare, integrity and Russia as reasons they are “at odds” with President Trump.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Sen. Cotton and AG Sessions mock spy drama drummed up by Dems