Officials announce change of mission in Miami bridge collapse (video)

Get the DML App. CLICK HERE

At a press briefing Friday morning, Chief Juan Perez of the Miami-Dad Police Department said the mission at the devastating bridge collapse changed late Thursday night from a search and rescue mission to a recovery and investigation effort.

At least six people have been confirmed dead from the incident, but more victims are expected to be recovered underneath the bridge.

A Miami-Dade Fire Department official said they have confirmed that there are no additional survivors underneath the bridge.

Additional witness videos and photos have also been posted on Twitter, as seen below.

It has now been reported that two of the companies involved in the construction of the bridge had previously been fined for safety violations.

A video from a witness who saw the bridge collapse describes the horror.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend