Severe bacterial infection can be life-threatening if left untreated.
KATV | by Elicia Dover: A Benton woman is in the hospital with a painful infection that she says was caused by a pedicure.
“It feels like you’re sitting too close to a fire and you just cannot get away from it, that’s the way it feels,” said Stacey Wilson of Benton.
She says her problem began Saturday at a Benton nail salon when the worker giving her a pedicure was too rough on her feet with a pumice stone, nicking the side of her foot and under her pinky toe.
“She knew she had hurt me a little bit,” Wilson said.
Wilson says on Sunday her ankle became sore and red. On Monday the pain the pain became worse. By Tuesday she says she couldn’t stand, the redness on her skin, creeping up to her knee and her fever rising to 102.
“I was like, it’s time to go to the ER,” Wilson said, who works as a nurse at Saline Memorial Hospital.
The doctors at Saline Memorial confirmed Wilson has an infection called cellulitis. “Pedicures and manicures aren’t the only that cause it, but we definitely we do see it associated with that,” said Dr. Michael Pafford of Saline Memorial Hospital.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Mandatory Mental Health Screenings Recommended for All Adults