Nicholas Glenn is the 25-year-old black man who shot six people in Philadelphia on Saturday. Four civilians were shot — one of them died. The two other victims are police officers. One of the cops is a black female, Sylvia Young. She was ambushed while sitting in her squad car.
Police say Glenn acted alone. They say his motive was revealed in a letter he penned in which he expresses a deep hatred for cops.
Glenn started his shooting spree by ambushing Sergeant Sylvia Young. She survived the shooting because of her bullet proof vest.
After Glenn shot Young, he continued throughout Philly shooting more people before police shot him dead in a wild gun battle.
Glenn’s path of destruction includes the shooting of four civilians. One of the victims, a 25-year-old woman sitting in a car, was shot 7 times and was pronounced dead by police. Police say she was a random victim.
– Glenn was from West Philadelphia.
-He fired 15 rounds into Young’s squad car.
– Glenn did not say anything to Young, he just walked up and started firing.
– After ambushing Sergeant Young, the shooter took off and police pursued him, Ross said. At that point, the gunman fired randomly through the open door of a bar, striking a security guard.
– The gunman then grabbed a woman and used her as a human shield before also shooting her. He also hid inside a Toyota dealership, where he was spotted by the cleaning crew but didn’t see them.
– Police do not believe the attack is related to terrorism.
– According to court records, Glenn had a criminal record that consists of Philadelphia drug-possession convictions. He had also been arrested and charged in connection with a gang-related rape in a November 2009 incident, but these charges were later dropped.
– Glenn had 16 prior arrests.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
PHILLY COP AMBUSHED & SHOT IN WILD CHASE