Senate Homeland Security Committee Chairman Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) held a meeting on Wednesday, where the committee voted to authorize subpoenas for former officials of the Obama administration as part of its investigation into the origins of the Russia investigation.
The 8-6 vote passed along party lines. Approximately 40 individuals are reportedly on the list of authorized subpoenas, including:
- Former CIA Director John Brennan
- Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper
- Former FBI Director James Comey
- James Baker, the director of the Office of Net Assessment at the Defense Department
- Sidney Blumenthal, former aide to President Bill Clinton; a long-time confidant of Hillary Clinton
- Former Obama chief of staff Denis McDonough
- Former FBI counsel Lisa Page
- Former FBI agent Joe Pientka
- Former ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power
- Former FBI director of counterintelligence Bill Priestap
- Former White House national security adviser Susan Rice
- Former FBI agent Peter Strzok
- Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith
According to Fox News: The committee further authorized subpoenas for “the production of all records” related to the FBI’s original Russia investigation and the Department of Justice Inspector General’s probe, as well as the process of “unmasking” for James Baker, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, DOJ official Bruce Ohr, FBI case agent Steven Somma, former U.S. Ambassador to Russia John Teftt, former deputy assistant attorney general Tashina Gauhar; and Stefan Halper.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Do you support Senate Republicans for pursuing this matter and authorizing subpoenas for the Obama administration officials?
SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT ON THIS POLL TOPIC.
Be sure you have the latest version of the free DML News App downloaded to your phone.