Here are the numbers:
-World population is projected to grow 32% in the coming decades.
– The number of Muslims is expected to increase by 70% – from 1.8 billion in 2015 to nearly 3 billion in 2060.
– In 2015, Muslims made up 24.1% of the global population. By 2060, they are expected to make up more than 30% of the world’s population (31.1%).
– Muslims have more children than members of the seven other major religious groups.
– Muslim women have an average of 2.9 children, versus Christians women at 2.6.
– Muslims have the youngest median age (24 in 2015) of all major religious groups.
Muslims in the U.S.
– Since 2008 when Obama was elected, there has been a steady growth in both the number of Muslims in the U.S. and the percentage of the U.S. population that is Muslim.
– By 2040, Muslims are projected to become the second-largest religious group in the U.S., after Christians. By 2050, the American Muslim population is projected to reach 8.1 million people, or 2.1% of the total population.
– Just over half of the projected growth of the American Muslim population from 2010 to 2015 is due to immigration. Over the last 20 years, there has been an increase in the number of Muslim immigrants coming to the U.S. The number of Muslim immigrants currently represents about 10% of all legal immigrants arriving in the U.S. That percentage is increasing each year.
QUESTION: With the numbers listed above, combined with a continuous flow of immigration to the U.S. and a shrinking Christian population, do you believe by year 2100 the United States will be a majority Muslim country?
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
POLL: What is the biggest issue facing America?