Couple’s Heroin Overdose at Walgreens Goes Viral

A couple who “snorted some heroin” in a Walgreens bathroom only made it as far as the sidewalk, where witnesses found them unconscious and called 911.

According to WREG Memphis News, the couple were seen lying on the sidewalk in Memphis on Monday around 3:30 p.m.   Memphis Fire responders revived the husband and wife, then took them to the hospital.

The woman, Carla Hiers, had a warrant out for her arrest, and was taken into custody.

Courtland Garner took a Facebook Live video of the disturbing scene, showing the couple passed out from the effects of the drugs as others walked around them, commenting.    The video now has over 2 million views.

Garner said, “I know for a fact all the kids are on social media, and when kids see that video, you know what they are going to say? I don’t want to look stupid like that I don’t want to do those drugs.”

Memphis is seeing an increase in heroin overdoses, according to Karen Morgan of Turning Point Recovery.  “People tend to think they’ve done it to themselves. Well no they haven’t. Their brains have been changed by the use of the chemicals,” she said.

WARNING: Video includes profanity.

 

 

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend