BONUS: How long does refugees’ eligibility for benefits last?
The United States operates the world’s largest formal refugee resettlement program, states a recent report from the pro-immigration organization, Migration Policy Institute.
The report covers a 5-year period for the years 2009-2013, and describes 941,000 children ages 10 and younger, whose parents are refugees. Refugee children are “fleeing violence” and arrive in the US poor, with no understanding of the country’s language or culture, but thanks to the formal resettlement program and financial assistance the US provides to refugees, they actually receive more financial benefits than American kids.
Refugees qualify for cash welfare, food stamps and Medicaid or other public health insurance immediately upon arrival. During the 2009-2013 period, the report reveals the following benefit comparisons:
- Food stamps: Refugee kids 30 percent American kids 27 percent
- Cash Welfare: Refugee kids 8 percent American kids 6 percent
- Social Security: Refugee kids 6 percent American kids 4 percent
How long do all these, and other benefits for refugees last?
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families – cash payments and access to childcare – UP TO 5 YEARS.
- Social Security Income – monthly cash payments – UP TO 7 YEARS.
- Food Stamps (SNAP) – NO TIME LIMITS.
- Medicaid – Health Insurance Coverage – NO TIME LIMIT IN MOST STATES.
- Children’s Health Insurance – NO TIME LIMITS.
- Social Services – English language training, employment services – FIVE YEARS.
Obama has raised the refugee admissions cap to 85,000 for 2016 (with at least 10,000 of those being Syrian refugees), and he has proposed increasing it to 100,000 in 2017. Multiply that by benefits with no time limits to see what this is costing American taxpayers.
Related News: Syrian Refugee Family Arrives in Kansas City, USA
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Nebraska Gives Illegals Ability To Apply For Professional Licenses